Whether the property you are selling is an investment property, a vacation home or primary residence, the goal is to get the best price in the shortest amount of time. Though there are numerous variables that determine a successful sale, these tips may assist you when selling your property.
- Hire the right real estate professional. The role of a real estate agent is crucial in the marketing and selling of your home. Ask trusted friends and neighbors about their positive selling experience. Consult C21AB.net or visit our offices and professionals in your the San Gabriel Valley.
- Hire your own home inspector BEFORE you put your home on the market. Don't wait for potential buyers to find problems with your home. Find out if any major repairs are necessary and fix them or adjust the price accordingly.
- Price it right. Work with your real estate professional to set a realistic price point on your property.
- Clean until it shines. Never underestimate a clean house. When potential buyers enter your home it should be free of fingerprints, pet hair, spills, odors and stains.
- Eliminate any clutter. Excess furniture, tools and toys should be removed and placed in another location or storage unit.If it squeaks, fix it. Anything that can detract from your property should be repaired. This may include a squeaky step, broken screen, shaky railing, even cracks in the sidewalk.
- Repaint and renew. Paint costs very little, but often makes a big impact. Put a fresh coat of neutral paint in your interior to give your home a fresh look.