The busy holiday season may not seem like a convenient time to have you home as an active listing. However, don't dismiss the idea of listing your home before the New Year so easily. Here are five reasons why you should consider putting, or keeping, your home on the market during the holiday season.
- Serious buyers. The potential homebuyers who take the time to view your home over the holidays are usually serious about purchasing. There may be fewer buyers viewing your home, but they are motivated and are usually looking to buy sooner rather than later.
- Limited competition. Homeowners often take their homes off the market or wait until after the holiday season to list their homes. This eliminates a lot of competition and limits the options prospective buyers have to choose from. Less competition may mean your home will sell for more money in a shorter amount of time.
- Low interest. Interest rates tend to drop the most at the end of the year and savvy buyers often take advantage of the incentive by purchasing a home and securing a fixed rate.
- Time is on your side. Potential buyers often have more vacation time during the holidays to view your home than they would during normal business days.
- Closing time. When buyers close on their new home before the end of the year they can deduct mortgage interest, property taxes and points on their loan on their income tax return. They can also take advantage of significant deductions associated with home equity loans. This means faster closings and determined buyers.
Remember that our team of Sale Associates are always here to answer questions and help you. Contact us today. 626-358-1858 or 626-963-7621.